Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
View below the job description in addition to the application form.
Essentials’ mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re seeking an experienced TPM to join the Technical Program Management team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation in software systems supporting complex products and a passion for driving planning, prioritization and program execution.
We are looking for candidates who share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, in addition to helping the team deliver predictable, consistent program execution. This leader should have a strong sense of ownership and ability to think and work strategically with product and engineering stakeholders.
We’re currently looking for people with expertise in building large scale systems and experience with Infrastructure initiatives.
- Partner with cross functional partners in Product Management, Design, Data Science and Engineering to enable delivery of the highest impact work.
- Provide visibility and transparency into the portfolio of engineering initiatives.
- Leverage your expertise to identify and define the most critical priorities and establish best practices for the team.
- Increase the TPM team productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the business.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Encourage collaboration on setting strategy, ensure your team understands and is inspired by the teams strategic direction.
- Minimum 15 years technical project or program management experience, with at least 8 years of people management experience.
- Experience managing an organization of program managers, including building and growing the team.
- Experience structuring an organization that optimizes for execution, including attracting talent and building out gaps in the existing team.
- Proven track record of managing large-scale, complex, cross functional technical initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Experience developing process where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- 401K with matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…